The United States continues to update Israel on negotiations over the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) aimed at solving the Iranian nuclear issue, reopening the Strait of Hormuz, and launching talks toward a final agreement on remaining disputed issues, a diplomatic source stated on Sunday.
During US President Trump's phone call with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday night, Netanyahu stressed that Israel would preserve freedom of action against threats on all fronts, including Lebanon, the source said.
Trump made clear that he would stand firm in negotiations on his demand for the dismantling of Iran’s nuclear program and the removal of all enriched uranium from Iranian territory.
This comes after reports that Netanyahu is being "sidelined" by Trump on issues surrounding Iran, the New York Times reported on Saturday.
Netanyahu reportedly 'out of the loop' on Iran conversations
Citing two unnamed Israeli defense officials, the NYT said that Israel is "almost entirely out of the loop" in talks between the United States and Iran.
According to the officials, Israel has been forced to use other roundabout avenues to seek information on the peace talks, including other diplomatic connections and intelligence sources within Iran.
Earlier that week, Axios reported that Netanyahu and Trump had a particularly tense phone call about negotiations with Iran.
Axios quoted a US source as saying Netanyahu's "hair was on fire" after a phone call with Trump on the subject of the Iran talks.
Trump reportedly called Netanyahu on Tuesday to discuss a "letter of intent" that mediators are drafting to end the war and launch a month-long negotiation period.
Trump also previously said that Netanyahu will "do whatever I want him to do" in regard to Iran.